Here is a picture tour of our Class A RV remodel from back in 2014. This was the first rig we got when we started full-time RVing with our 4 kids.
It’s a 2006 Class A Newmar Kountry Star 3910. We purchased it on RV Trader and Craig flew down to Miami to check it out, buy it, and then drove it back. We had gotten all of the measurements and knew we were going to have to do for this RV remodel when we got it.
Here is the punch list for this RV Remodel:
- Removed the back closet and put in a set of bunk beds
- Removed the back dresser and tv area and put in a set of bunk beds
- Took all window trim decorative frames off
- Replaced the Fridge with a new one (we knew the fridge needed to be fixed or replaced when we bought it)
- Put in a slide out pantry
- Replaced the old tv with a new Samsung Smart TV
- Removed the 2nd TV by the driver seat and changed it to storage
- Painted all of the walls
- Added some word art and some posters
- Removed the second sink and vanity and put in storage closets and an area to hang clothes
We really wanted the RV renovation to make the rig feel like a home on wheels. We did some interior design updates, added our own window treatments and we were ready for life on the road!
Amazingly we did all this while we got the house ready to move out. We didn’t sleep much for about 6 weeks! But now our RV feels like one of those tiny homes!
Here you go! Hope you enjoy!
Class A RV Remodel Picture Tour
That is it! It is crazy, but we really do all fit in it really well! Yes, there are times when we tell the kids “Get outside!” or “no playing swords in here!”, but for the most part it works! I will break down how things work in each area in future blog posts. I will also be doing some makeover blog posts so you can see what it looked like before we made it our “home”!
Comment below and tell me what you think of our RV remodel or if you have any specific questions!
Here’s a behind the scenes tour of our RV given by none other than Bryanna herself! Check out the footage on how we live!
We sold this rig a couple years later and switched to a small class C RV. You can check out our video walkthrough of our class C RV here.
After that we switched to a 21 foot travel trailer. In this rig we did some more renovating to really get the most use out of the space! And this was our first time adding solar to our rig. You can check out a walkthrough of this rig here.
From there we moved to a 30 foot travel trailer where we added some subway tile and did a few other cosmetic changes. You can learn more about that rig here.
After about a year in that rig we moved into a 5th wheel – added a butcher block table and desk plus we did a few more bigger changes you can learn all about it here.
With all of our remodels we haven’t gone as far as replacing the vinyl flooring or doing anything like that. But with a few small changes you can make a big difference in your rig!
Yes we have been in a lot of rigs! Our post: Everything You Need To Know To Pick The Best Family RV sums up all these RV’s and what we learned after being in each of them.
More Posts To Check Out
Check out our favorite RV Kitchen Accessories to bring on your next RV trip.
Interested in full time family travel? Ask yourself these 14 Questions first!
- 29 Unexpected Things About Full Time RV Living With Kids - August 30, 2023
- 9 Best Campfire Starter Kits For Your Next Adventure - August 28, 2023
- Tips On Visiting All 5 Cinque Terre Towns [Map Included] - August 28, 2023